31. Sasebo Yosakoi Festival in NagasakiThe island of Kyushu's biggest yosakoi festival held at the end of October in Nagasaki.
32. Honen Matsuri in Komaki, AichiThe Honen Matsuri is a fertility festival celebrated on March 15 throughout Japan.
The best Honen Matsuri is held in the small town of Komaki, Aichi. A 280 kg (620 pound), 2.5 meter (8 foot) wooden phallus is paraded through town. All-you-can drink sake is passed out freely from barrels.
33. Kurama Fire FestivalA festival centered around Yuki-jinja Shrine in Kyoto at the end of October. Children carry small pine torches and adults carry huge 80 kilogram (176 pound) pine torches. Here and there 3 meter (10 foot) high bonfires are lit in the streets.
Many of Kyoto's 2400 temples and shrines have a history of burning down and being rebuilt.
34. Fukuro Festival (Yosakoi Ikebukuro)A large yosakoi festival in Tokyo's Ikebukuro neighborhood. It's held the last weekend of September and first weekend of October.
Festival organizers make an effort to involve foreigners in the festival. Foreign residents of Tokyo are often included in the festival's mikoshi teams.
35. Summer SonicSummer Sonic is a two day music festival in Tokyo and Osaka. Acts usually play Tokyo one day and then Osaka the next (or vice versa). Summer Sonic features top international and Japanese artists.