When couples have more time (such as Sunday afternoons) they head for Tokyo's many popular date spots. These top the list.
1. OdaibaOdaiba is a large artificial island in Tokyo Bay that looks as if it was constructed specifically for dating. It has a great view of Tokyo. Odaiba's beach boardwalk is one of the city's only accessible waterfronts.
Odaiba is packed with restaurants, shopping, game centers, movie theaters and attractions (such as a 115 meter tall ferris wheel). Exactly the type of things young Tokyo couples like to do on a date.
2. GinzaGinza is one of the world's most luxurious shopping areas. It's known for its impressive architecture and bright lights. Ginza is a classy neighborhood filled with top restaurants and cafes. It's easy to pay 1000 yen ($12.5 USD) or more for a cup of coffee here.
3. OmotesandoOmotesando is another luxury shopping area that's a popular spot for a date. Its wide tree-lined boulevard (Omotesando-dori) is often compared to the Champs-Élysées in Paris.
4. EbisuEbisu is a chill neighborhood filled with pleasant cafes and restaurants. The popular Ebisu Garden Place is like a city unto itself with a pleasant promenade, shopping, dining and entertainment.
5. KichijojiKichijoji is a university neighborhood that features shopping, dining and entertainment. It's the type of neighborhood that has everything you can imagine but never seems overly crowded. In summer, couples enjoy lazy afternoons the area's large park (Inokashira Park).
It's said that couples who take a swan boat ride together in Inokashira Park's pond are doomed to break up.