It sometimes feels as if Tokyo is a gender segregated city. There are ladies-only cars on morning trains, ladies-only sections in internet cafes and ladies-only lounges in nightclubs.
The city is filled with izakaya that are crowded with salary men and fine restaurants that are popular amongst office ladies.
Entire sections of Tokyo always seem to be crowded with office ladies. These neighborhoods top the list.
1. GinzaGinza is Tokyo's premiere luxury shopping district. It's also home to fine restaurants and trendy cafes that are favored by Tokyo's office ladies (OL). There are also a few nightclubs in Ginza that cater to OL tastes — such as women only lounge areas.
2. OmotesandoOmotesando is a posh shopping area that's second only to Ginza. It's filled with flagship brand shops, pleasant cafes and dining bars.
3. EbisuEbisu is a laid back neighborhood known for it's cosmopolitan atmosphere and charming small restaurants.
4. JiyugaokaJiyugaoka is what Tokyo would be like if it was 3 pm on Sunday afternoon all the time.
5. AzabuAzabu is one of the best residential districts in Tokyo. It's home to the rich and famous. There are also plenty of foreign white collar workers in the neighborhood who have company apartments.
Neighborhoods in Azabu such as Azabu-Jūban, Azabudai and Nishi-Azabu have a posh cosmopolitan flair that OL can't resist.
6. KichijojiKichijoji is a neighborhood that has everything you can imagine but isn't particularly crowded. It's filled with decent restaurants and department stores.
Kichijoji isn't posh but it has a laid back atmosphere that appeals to the city's career women. It's also a popular spot amongst housewives who meet their friends for afternoon shopping in the area. Housewives and OL like many of the same neighbourhoods (especially when it comes to shopping).
7. DaikanyamaDaikanyama is another chill neighborhood with a cosmopolitan feel.
8. AoyamaAoyama neighborhoods such as Aoyama-Itchome and Gaenmae are fashion districts. They're filled with the offices of modeling agencies, fashion magazines, fashion designers, photographers and fashion brands. The area has an elegant style that OL like.